PTO Table Purchase!
With the growth of our school has come an unexpected dilemma! Crowded lunch tables!
This summer, Mr. Lyon brought this issue to the attention of the PTO, and therefore, we approved the purchase of new additional tables for the upcoming school year.
We approved the purchase of (4) new round tables for the amount of $5,121.56.
Thank you again, for all of your support of the PTO and allowing us the opportunity to provide the school with this much needed addition!
Open Chair Positions!
We still have some open Committee Chair positions for this upcoming year!
Scholastic Book Fair :
- Co-Chairs: Brandy Tagliarini (firstname.lastname@example.org) & (1 OPEN POSITION)
- Fall, Early Spring and End of the School Year Book Fairs
- (Week long events split into 1-2 hour shifts)
- Volunteers are needed for book fairs. These fairs are held during school hours as well as during evening events and conferences. Responsibilities include helping students select and purchase books and organizing books prior to the sale. This event is a fundraiser for our school.
Family Fun Night – Date TBD:
- Co-Chairs: (2 OPEN POSITIONS)
- (1 night event with a few days of planning activities)
- Thornapple’s annual school carnival needs volunteers to plan, decorate, set-up, provide food service, manage the cake walk, and serve as cashiers. This is a community building event for our school.
Giving Tree – November-December
- Co-Chairs: (2 OPEN POSITIONS)
- (few hours of activities)
- This event is an opportunity for Thornapple families to purchase holiday gifts for families in financial need at Martin Luther King Academy, our sister school. We need volunteers to create tags with student needs/sizes, sort gifts at Thornapple and deliver them to MLK Academy.
Playground Beautification – August 2020
- Co-Chaired: PTO Board & (1 OPEN POSITION)
- (1 day event split into smaller shifts, with few planning activities)
- This chair position is to shadow the board this year on August 7th in order to chair the position in 2020, potentially with a co-chair.
- This is a new committee for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Chair: (1 OPEN POSITION)
- (few hours each month – volunteers are usually responsible for 1 month – but you can volunteer for more than 1 month if you want!)
- We need volunteers to create a birthday bulletin board each month. You will be provided with a list of names and birthdates – you provide the creativity! Volunteers will be responsible for taking down the previous month’s bulletin board.
Conversion To S’more!
In the next few weeks, we will be changing over from WordPress to S’more to share our website and weekly blast information! Be on lookout for emails from our new site! During the transitional phase, our wordpress site will still be available.
- PTO – Playground CleanUp Day – August 7, 2019 at 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- TA – Kindergarten – Ready, Set, Go – August 15, 2019 at 9:30 am – 10:45 am
- Both parents and children information session.
- TA – Newcomers Event – August 19, 2019 at 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
- An event for “new to the building” families.
- TA – Open House (All Grades) – August 20, 2019 at 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm
- FHPS – First day of school; full day – August 26, 2019
- FHPS – No school / Labor Day recess – August 30, 2019