Thornapple Panera Bread Fundraiser
It’s a busy time of year so why not leave dinner to Panera! Stop on by between 4:00-8:00pm on Tuesday, 11/6. 20% of all sales will be donated to Thornapple PTO. Be sure to bring a printed flyer or show an electronic version of the flyer on a mobile phone when ordering. Tight on time? Order via Rapid Pick-Up and enter “PRFUND” as your Promo Code.
The Giving Tree
Help light up the night this holiday season for a child at Martin Luther King Jr. Leadership Academy
- Choosing a star tag off the bulletin board in our school lobby OR go to Sign-up Genius and choose a tag https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d49aaaf23a0fb6-thornapple2
- Purchase the designated gifts listed on the tag.
- Please return the gift, unwrapped with the tag # by Monday, November 26th
- Any question contact: Sarah Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org or Angela Mead at email@example.com
Teacher Conference Meals
Help us keep the staff at Thornapple well fed during parent/teacher conferences!
We’re looking for volunteers to help us feed the staff during these long days.
Each night of conferences will feature a different food theme!
Wednesday – November 7th: All Things Fall
Monday – November 12th: Mexican Fiesta
Thursday – November 15th: Italian
Sign-up through the link below to bring one or more items each conference day to the office between 8:00am-3:30pm! Thank you for help and generosity!
Cultural Arts – Culture Corner
Spirit Day – Favorite Sports Team
- November 9, 2018
- Dress up as your favorite sports team!
- Donations will be collected of New or Gently Used Winter Gear (or $1 donation for MLK Academy)
Wanted: Substitute Teachers!
Did you know that you do not need a teaching certificate to be a guest teacher in schools anymore? If you have 90 or more semester credit hours from a four-year-accredited university you could guest teach in one of our Thornapple classrooms or in a classroom anywhere in West Michigan. If you are interested or have questions you can contact Mr. Lyon for more information, if you’re ready to get started you can login to to www.EduStaff.org to start the application process. Guest teachers are scarce across the state so this is one more way you could support our school and students.
The Apple Seed (Parents Night Out!)
Mark your calendars for our main fundraising event of the school year, the Apple Seed, which will take place on Friday, April 26 in the evening. More details will follow soon.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences – November 7, 12 and 15th, 2018
- Giving Tree – November 1, 2018 – November 21, 2018
- Panera Bread Fundraiser – November 6, 2018, 4:00-8:00pm
- FHPS Foundation Gala – November 7, 2018
- Spirit Day – Favorite Sports Team – November 9, 2018
- FHPS Thanksgiving Break – No School – November 21-23, 2018