State of the District Luncheon
Please join us in supporting the Forest Hills Public Schools Foundation at their upcoming State of the District Luncheon. We are hosting a Thornapple table this year!
At this event, you will hear about the “state of the district” from Superintendent Behm and will also hear from a few teachers and/or administrators about how the grants awarded by the Foundation are making an impact in the classroom.
There is no cost to attend, however we hope after hearing about the impact the Forest Hills Public Schools Foundation makes on the schools, teachers, and students, you will be compelled to make a contribution to support their vital work.
Message me if you are interested in joining us!
Thanks for your support!!!!
Teacher Appreciation Week
Teacher appreciation week is May 6th-10th this year. Watch your child’s backpack for a sheet to write out messages of appreciation to teachers and staff which will be posted for all to see. The PTO will be providing meals, snacks, and other surprises for the teachers throughout the week. If you are interested in more opportunities to show teachers and staff your appreciation, see their favorite things sheets HERE.
Class T-Shirts (Fun & Fitness/Spirit Day/Walk-A-Thon)
During several of the upcoming events, we will refer to “class t-shirt colors”. In order for our parents and staff to identify their child/students, we are asking that each classroom try to dress in identifying t-shirt colors. The following list is a recommendation, not a requirement.
- Visser – Blue
- Ebels – Pink
- Gustafson – Green
- Thornton – Orange
- Verberkmoes – Yellow
- Clancy – Red
- Williams – Hot Pink
- Meyer – Blue/Meyers Monkeys
- Olson – White
- Beverly – Orange
- Neumaier – Lime Green
- Hayurst – Blue
- Feutz – Gray
- Green – Green
- Fowler – Painted
- Vinton – Yellow
- Strange – Grey Class Shirts
- Moffat – White/Painted
BOGO Book Fair
Save the date!
Upcoming BOGO Book Fair is coming May 14-16th, 2019
- MAP Testing Window (3rd and 4th Grade) – April 29, 2019 – May 24, 2019
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week – May 6, 2019 – May 10, 2019
- Spirit Day – Class Color Day – Friday, May 10, 2019
- FHPS Half Day – AM Only (11:55 am Dismissal) – Friday, May 10, 2019
- BOGO Book Fair – May 14-16, 2019
- 4th Grade Send Off – Monday, May 20, 2019
- Walk A Thon – Thursday, May 23, 2019
- FHPS No School (Memorial Day) – Monday, May 27, 2019
- STEAM workshop (4th grade only) – Thursday, May 30